The National Weather Service extended Comal County’s heat advisory through 7 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 26, with temperatures up to 105 and heat-index values up to 110 expected.
Comal County is among eight counties in the advisory area, and the alert now runs through Wednesday evening. The same notice covers Atascosa, Bexar, De Witt, Guadalupe, Hays, Karnes and Wilson counties. Comal.News previously covered the earlier Sunday advisory.
The official alert was published at 11:06 p.m. Saturday and identifies itself as an update. Its headline says the heat advisory is now in effect until 7 p.m. Wednesday, and a separate event-ending-time field gives the same Wednesday deadline.
The weather service describes the alert as an actual notice for expected conditions. It classifies the event’s severity as moderate and its certainty as likely. Those labels describe the agency’s alert status; the temperature and heat-index figures remain forecast maximums rather than a report of measured highs.
The National Weather Service says hot temperatures and high humidity may cause heat illnesses. The extension carries the advisory through the first half of the workweek in Comal County, making Wednesday evening—not Sunday evening—the current checkpoint for this alert.
Residents checking the timing can use the active alert feed for another agency update before Wednesday evening. A replacement notice could change the end time or expected maximums; unless that happens, the current National Weather Service event-ending time remains 7 p.m. Wednesday.
